February 8, 2009

What's up with us

Well, it has been a while, so I will try to recap.

"Soul Man Eric" is playing the trumpet still in two different bands at school. Jazz Band and 8th grade Band. He likes Jazz Band better, they have alot of fun! He is 2nd chair(good place to be) and loves learning how to be more soulful. Eric saved all of this birthday money (14 years old) and bought himself a Wii. Needless to say, he spends many an hour "working out" on it. On top of all of that he has a girlfriend. Yea, I know I thought the same thing. Of course, I layed down the rules and he said he knows and has already spoken to her. Letting her know and I quote "No sex. And we can't kiss for like 18 months." It speaks for itself.

Jared on the other hand just finished his first year in football, he is in Upwards, whic
h is a program through our church. It was only flag football this year, but leave it to Jared to gain penalties for tackling. (That's my boy!) He was also given a ticket to the Orange Bowl in Florida this year for his 10th birthday, which Brent just happened to go along for the ride! Cincinnati lost, but they and a few friends still had a great time hanging out in Lil' Havana where the sky is blue and the sun is actually shining!

Lucas is now 3 1/2 and world's of fun! He is definately still the baby of the family. Besides the fact that it sounds like he just sucked in Helium when he speaks, he is trying to be a "big boy" without losing all his "baby" perks. Mischeivous is not enough of a word to describe this kid. He can put a smile on like a movie star and sugar coat anyone with his charm. Trains are his thing, along with the movies "Cars"& "Kungfu Panda" and of course going into mom's purse and stealing anything that looks edible. He still walks with his hand on his skinny r
earend, to keep his pants from falling down when he runs. The picture to the right is when Lucas opened his first present after the boys opened theirs and stated in a very unhappy manner "CLOTHES?!"

Brent and I celebrated our Anniversary this January, yes 14 years folks! Time does fly when your having fun! We actually ate oysters for an appetizer, yum yum! Along with Salmon, Tilapia, french fries and zucchini! (Brent ordered the fries) We also shared a marvelous chocolate dessert that I couldn't finish until the next day. (It's always better when you wait!) I also bought him a new wedding band, that he has been asking for for 14 years. He never liked the one I bought him for our wedding, so I figured I would finally give in this year and get him a nice new one!

As for me, I gave up Pepsi. Headaches, delirium, hallucinations, anger, withdrawls. Enough said.

Hope everyone is well...where ever you are...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina, your blog is wonderful! Love, Mom

The Richardsons said...

The new background is to die for! It's even cuter than it looks on the website! I honestly cannot believe how big Eric has gotten. he was so little when I last saw him and now he looks like a young man. And tell him I said congrats on 2nd chair, that's quite the accomplishment. And I'm so glad we got to see a picture of you, you look amazing! I hope we will get to see you guys sometime soon, I haven't seen Lucas since he was a baby flesh blob :) Love ya!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Gerard, think of you often.


Glad you are here! Please enjoy!
You know me...I am one to write as much as I talk, so please keep scrolling in case you missed something new...I tend to write a few blogs at a time!