June 3, 2007

Tootin' his horn!

Eric just graduated from 6th grade, at the beginning of the year he picked up an instrument for the first time. Brent asked him why he chose the trumpet, saying "Don't tell me it's because you want to play "TAPS"." Eric looked at him without saying anything, and we knew that was his answer. From that point on, he has been enjoying every minute of lessons, class time and practicing. He absolutely loves music! He goes to bed with classical music playing in the background every night. It helps him relax that machine brain of his, so he can finally fall asleep! By the second concert of the year he was moved to 1st chair, which is a big deal, it means he is doing very well and his teacher Mr. Ling is blown away! He was shocked that this was the first time Eric ever played an instrument. Along with the trumpet, Eric has taught him self to play the piano (still learning, he practices after his trumpet), and has just recently picked up our acoustic guitar. He has a great ear for this stuff!

1 comment:

The Richardsons said...

Michael Says: "Eric congratulations on your instrument playing. You have a great brain! I wouldn't be surprised if you were smarter than Einstein! I'm sorry about your house and how the tree fell on your house. I really want to come out there and spend time with you and Jared. Oh, another thing about your great brain is that I wouldn't be surprised if you got elected for president! You're the best cousin ever.


Glad you are here! Please enjoy!
You know me...I am one to write as much as I talk, so please keep scrolling in case you missed something new...I tend to write a few blogs at a time!