June 3, 2007

Grandma Mary's Fruits & Wine painting


I remember seeing this painting in my Grandma Mary's house as I was growing up. She had painted it circa 1975. Initially, this painting had been given to me by Larry, after my Grandpa Larry passed away. But at the time, we lived in a small apartment, and had no where to hang it. I asked Larry to keep it for me. Some years later, my uncle Raymond had it hanging in his house and some how found out that it was mine. My uncle Raymond was nice enough to let go of this precious family heirloom and present it back to me at my brother Nathan's wedding. Since then, I have kept it up as to not get it damaged. Recently, Brent was kind enough to take it to a framing store where they took very good care of it, cleaned and re-framed the painting to my delight! I chose an older rustic looking frame, to go with the Spanish style of the picture. We also painted our dining room a deep red to with the colors of the pitcher and background in the painting. Click on the painting to see it up close and scroll over to see her signature at the bottom. I think it looks fantastic!

5 comments:

April said...

I still remember the look on your face when you got this painting. It looks very nice.

The Serons said...

Wow, that brings back some memories. Brent you are awesome for having that done. We have a few of Mary's paintings. Thanks for inspiring us to get them out again. We love you and miss you.

The Serons said...

Hey, thatlooks awsome. That is probably the one thing from my parents home that brings back the most memories of the house. I love the color of the wall. I saw that you had taken it from the pitcher before i even read your caption. It is really cool that I can click and see her signature. I'm major jealous. The kids look great and I miss having them up to the cabin with me and Mike. We're dooing great. Our lives are sooo busy it's pitiful, but we manage. Thanks for sharing the painting. I love miss you all.

UnkaDaniel

Anonymous said...

Wow! is all I can say....It really looks great and talk about memories flooding back....Wow. It looks really great with that frame and the color of the wall its on. Brent did good:) Miss you all, give the kids a hug and kiss.

Aunt Irene

The Richardsons said...

Ok, I'm jumping on the jealousy band wagon! What a beautiful reminder of Grandma to be able to hang in your home! I still can't believe uncle raymond parted with it. thanks for sharing!


Glad you are here! Please enjoy!
You know me...I am one to write as much as I talk, so please keep scrolling in case you missed something new...I tend to write a few blogs at a time!